Ramakrishna Ashrama, a California Religious Corporation, was founded by Swami Swahananda in September of 2006. It is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
It was established to further the following purposes:
- Establish and maintain Vedanta houses of worship, and parsonages, convents and monasteries necessary to house the clergy who will conduct worship and religious training in these houses of worship
- Establish and maintain facilities for spiritual aspirants of all faiths to visit on retreat, and retain staff as needed to serve those on spiritual retreat
- Organize and offer classes, lectures and other meetings that provide instruction in religion and religious philosophy
- Organize and support symposia and ongoing discussion groups, to promote the study of religion and religious philosophy
- Organize and produce festivals, celebrations and other group activities that emphasize and promote the harmony of religions
- Offer charitable support and other assistance to qualified organizations and individuals who can help the Ramakrishna Ashrama achieve its objectives
- Serve the needs of people in North America, Central America, South America, the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia, Africa, Australia, and the rest of the world.
1946 Vedanta Place
Los Angeles, CA 90068
California Corporation Number: C2843604
Federal Tax Identification Number: 20-5969417